BYND2015 Nepal Hub, is organizing a day long consultation workshop on SDGs with the support from ICIMOD. During which youth from different corners of Nepal will come up with some inputs and comments which will feed in to the various thematic clusters as listed below. As it is essential to provide such global platforms to young people of Nepal at local level, this workshop also targets to share about the platforms where young people can engage themselves and help in decision and policy making processes.
- Water and Sanitation
- Employment and decent work for all
- Sustainable production and consumption
- Climate Change
- Youth, Education and Culture
- Knowledge sharing, capacity building and youth engagement in decision and policy making processes.
- Contribution to the Thematic Clusters and towards formulation of SDGs.
- Prioritize the issues from Mountain Regions and strengthen the voice of mountain people at global level.
- Partnership with related Government bodies on SDGs processes.
Speakers for Knowledge Sharing Session
- Rabi Shanker Sainju, Program Director-NPC
- Bhaskar Singh Karky, Resource Economist-ICIMOD
- Mahendra B. Gurung, Former Joint Secretary-MOI
- Kabita Gautam, Focal person for Children and Youth, CSO-ESCAP
- Ankit Adhikari, Sub Editor-The Himalayan Times
- Murali Ranjitkar, DRILP-AF Project
Speakers for Skype Session
- David Collste, Global Focal Point-10YFP on SCP UNEP
- Juliette Decq, COPinMyCity Coordinator-CliMates
- Joe Gaylord, YIC Coordinator-ITU
Date: 30 May 2014
Time: 10:00 am – 2:40 pm (02:40pm onward: Guided Tour: Sustainable Technology Demonstration Site)
Gathering Point and Time: Infront of NAST, Satdobato (on the way to Godavari), 9:00am Sharp (Shuttle bus will be provided by ICIMOD from this point to the event venue)
Interested people can Apply Here Before 28 May 10:00am>>>
Selected Candidates will be contacted via email who will require to confirm their participation by 28 May 10:00pm or by 29 May via phone call to Mr. Suman Prajapati, 9840064088